Supervisory IT Specialist (INFOSEC)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Applicants must demonstrate on their resume that they have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
Specialized Experience: For the GS-15, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-14 if outside the Federal service, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as experience in preparing business cases for cyber systems Information Technology (IT) projects.
In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirements, qualified applicants must also possess the quality of experience as it relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background, recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must clearly demonstrate the possession of knowledge, skills and abilities, or competencies necessary to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level to be qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how their experience meets the competencies within the body of the resume. No separate statements addressing KSA's or competencies are required.
Qualification and time-in-grade requirements must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for the specialized experience requirement at this grade level.
- Veterans Preference: Veterans preference does not apply under this Direct-Hire Authority (DHA).
- A two year probationary period may be required.
- This position is subject to completion of 1 year probationary period for assignment to a supervisory position.
- Individuals tentatively selected for drug testing designated positions at the Defense Information Systems Agency will be required to submit to urinalysis for illegal drugs prior to appointment or placement.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs MAY be paid. They MUST be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY be authorized. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 makes certain reimbursements/payments taxable. For information on these changes and the Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA), for which some appointees are eligible, click here.
- This is an Information Security (INFOSEC) position. In accordance with DoD 8570.1-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, selectee must meet Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, selected must meet Information Assurance Certification standards. Selectee must have an approved waiver prior to placement in this position or achieve the appropriate IA certification within six months of assignment of IA duties. Level 1 certification is required prior to be authorizing unsupervised privileged access.
- This is a covered position and the person selected for this position must complete an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment pursuant to 5 CFR 2634.903(b) (DoD 5500.7).
- his is a critical acquisition position in the DAWIA career field of Information Technology. Selectee must meet Acquisition Corps requirements or have an approved waiver prior for placement in this position. All candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements will be considered--candidates will not be screened out if they do not meet Acquisition Corps requirements. In accordance with the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act and DoD 5000.66, selectee must be Level 3 certified (or be eligible for certification within 24 months of appointment) in the Information Technology career field. Mandatory training, experience and education DAWIA requirements will be used during the rating process. Selectees for this position must sign a written agreement to remain in the Federal Service in this critical acquisition position for a minimum of three years unless waived.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants.
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program. For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10469662