Financial Payment Analyst, GS-0501-9/11 Census-DE-DD
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Please read the 'Who May Apply' section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see FIN-2019-0013, Financial Payment Analyst, GS-0510-09/11, CENSUS-MP-DD.
A probationary period may be required.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
This is a BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation expenses will NOT be paid.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
- Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24 semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
Specialized Experience: For GS-09, you must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal services. Experience gathering, recording, processing, and communicating financial data from an accounting system; analyzing data to solve a variety of financial problems; providing advice on a variety of financial matters; and preparing memos, letters and correspondence. Experience for this position also includes experience researching and applying appropriate federal laws, regulations.
Education: 2 full years of graduate level education.
Specialized Experience: For GS-11, you must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal services. Experience gathering, recording, processing, and communicating financial data from an accounting system; analyzing data to solve a variety of financial problems; providing advice on a variety of financial matters; and preparing memos, letters and correspondence. Experience for this position also includes experience researching and applying appropriate federal laws, regulations.
Education: 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.
The Department of Commerce provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis. TTY users can contact the Human Resources Office via the Federal Relay Service, 1-800-877-8339.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold," "silver," and "bronze." Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the "gold" category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed.
Preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold).
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Knowledge of accounting theories, practices, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of accounting regulations procedures, policies, and precedents to perform assignments.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to analyze financial data.
- Skill in analyzing data to solve a variety of financial problems.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communications with internal and external customers to accomplish work and address issue.
For more information on category rating, please go to:
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No