IT SPECIALIST (SYSTEM ANALYSIS)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
1. Attention to Detail - Assess new systems design methodologies; Review the impact of new systems design policies; Develops and tests prototypes; Developing final technical specifications for new system.
2. Customer Service - Lead implementation activities; Leading multiple design teams in the development of systems specifications for new application.
3. Oral Communication - Present recommendation for adoption of new methodologies; Consult with customers in the implementation of process improvement practices; Consultation with program officials in validating the need for proposed new systems.
4. Problem Solving - Identify and evaluates system design methodologies and benchmarks; Defining business processes and evaluating alternatives.
NH-03: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: Identifying and evaluating IT systems design approaches AND defining and validating the need for proposed new systems in order to develop new applications or implement improved IT tools and practices. Your experience must reflect skill in the following areas: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving.
1. Attention to Detail - Develop requirements and specifications for new systems; Review business requirements to support the need for new systems;
2. Customer Service - Coordinate the modification of specifications; Participates in systems integration testing; Consult with customers to identify and specify requirements.
3. Oral Communication - Advise on the merits of proposed systems development projects; Recommend actions based on time, cost and quality.
4. Problem Solving - Identify and specify system requirements; Evaluates alternatives for application development; Identifying IT solutions to recommend process changes and improvements.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
This position is eligible for part time, full time or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
Vacancies filled from this announcement may be filled at any grade level listed.
If selected below the full performance level, you may be noncompetitively promoted to the next higher grade level after meeting all regulatory requirements, and upon the recommendation of management. Promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- APPLICATION SOFTWARE
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY POLICY AND PLANNING
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS ANALYSIS
- SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All eligibility, qualifications, and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No