Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (Policy)
Occasional travel - is required as part of this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication and retention of granted clearance.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- Any individual who is currently holding, or has held within the previous 52 weeks, a General Schedule position under non-temporary appointment in the competitive or excepted service, must meet time-in-grade requirements (must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade or equivalent in the Federal service). Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- If you are a new employee or supervisor in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
- You may be required to complete training and obtain/maintain a government charge card with travel and/or purchase authority.
- You may be required to travel overnight away from home up to 5 nights per month. You must obtain a government charge card for travel purposes.
EXPERIENCE: At least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience includes activities such as: develops multiple initiatives; facilitating training sessions to impart knowledge on new and existing policies for all employees; hiring initiatives and flexibilities to train HR staff, managers, and agency staff, writ large; and develops plans to enhance the manner in which talent is attracted to, and retained by the National Park Service; researches and develops bureau policies of a highly complex and technical subject matter.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You must include months, years and hours per week worked to receive credit for your work and/or volunteer experience. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated. You will not receive any credit for experience that does not indicate exact hours per week or is listed as "varies".
There is no substitution of education for experience at the grade level(s) of this announcement.
Physical Demands: No unusual physical exertion is required. Regular and recurring travel is required.
Working Conditions: The work is performed in an office setting.
The National Park Service has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
Open to the first 100 applicants or until 05/07/2019 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document that you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. Click the following link for more information, https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses provided in the Assessment Questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation, you will be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score will be adjusted accordingly. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications or experience, you can lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors or omissions can affect your rating.
Candidates who apply under Competitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are highly qualified based on the content of their resume and their responses to the questionnaire. Best qualified candidates will be referred if all required supporting documentation has been provided.
Candidates who apply under Noncompetitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are minimally qualified based on the content of their resume and their responses to the questionnaire. Qualified candidates will be referred if all required supporting documentation has been provided.
You will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Administration and Management
- Administrative Law
- Education and Training
- Oral Communication
- Personnel and Human Resources
- Written Communication
Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No