Assistant Administrator for Planning, Performance Evaluation, and Training
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation Expenses may be authorized.
Candidates must possess technical and management experience, and have developed the knowledge and skills required for effective performance of the specific duties of the position. Candidates must have had experience at a major management level (normally equivalent to the GS-15 level in the federal service).
To qualify for this position, all applicants must write a narrative in the spaces provided detailing accomplishments that would satisfy each of the ECQs and MTQs. You must address each ECQ and MTQ separately. If you fail to do so, your application will be rated ineligible.
In writing your responses to the ECQs, your narrative must address each ECQ separately in the spaces provided. Each ECQ should contain at least two examples describing your experiences and accomplishments/results.
Responses to ECQ's must not exceed 10 pages. It is recommended that applicants draft their ECQs in a Word document first, then cut and paste into the spaces provided following each ECQ to ensure length requirements. For additional guidance, applicants may visit the following link: www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/senior-executive-service/reference-materials/guidetosesquals_2010.pdf
MANDATORY EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):
1. Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (MTQs): In writing your narrative responses to the MTQs, please give examples and explain how often you used your skills, the complexity of the knowledge possessed, the level of people you interacted with, and the sensitivity of the issues you handled, etc. APPLICANTS SHOULD LIMIT THEIR RESPONSES TO ONE (1) SINGLE SPACED PAGE PER EACH MTQ WITH THE FONT SIZE NO SMALLER THAN POINT 12. It is recommended that applicants draft their MTQs in a Word document first, then cut and paste into the spaces provided following each MTQ to ensure length requirement.
1. Demonstrated leadership experience in directing the development and implementation of strategic operating plans to advance national goals, objectives, and strategies related to the enforcement of wage and hour laws.
2. Demonstrated leadership in conducting program evaluations and utilizing data analysis to lead a strategic approach for developing a culture of continuous improvement in performance and effectiveness.
3. Demonstrated experience in providing advice and guidance on complex program objectives, controversial policy issues, and precedent-setting activities that could have major implications for regulations, legislation, and policies related to enforcement objectives and functions.
4. Demonstrated leadership in modernizing business processes to ensure efficiencies and effectiveness.
The Department of Labor does not recognize academic degrees from schools that are not accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the Department of Education. Any applicant falsely claiming an academic degree from an accredited school will be subject to actions ranging from disqualifications from federal employment to removal from federal service.
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Candidates will be evaluated based upon their qualifications. In
addition, applicants will be evaluated based upon their responses to any Mandatory Technical Qualifications and the Executive Core Qualifications.
To preview questions please click here.