IT Cybersecurity Specialist
Occasional travel - 6-10 days per month (approximately)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Specialized Experience: To qualify at GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. For this position specialized experience is defined as:
- Supporting incident resolution include using service desk ticketing tools. AND
- Leading computer project assignments with other staff to provide security and project management expertise that are directly related to IT support, deployment and customer service requirements. AND
- Providing technical oversight and leadership direction with timely completion.
Examples of experience may include:
- Imaging, managing, deploying and tracking the equipment through the entire life cycle of customer workstations, smartphones, VoIP telephone equipment and peripherals. AND
- Installing, troubleshooting and updating certified Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and customized software on workstations. Independently resolves critical workstation security issues.
In addition to meeting specialized experience, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail- Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service- Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication- Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving- Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
PLEASE NOTE: Experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector.You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Pass a pre-employment security investigation.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Must successfully complete a public-trust background investigation.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination. We will evaluate your application by comparing your description of your work experience, level of responsibility, and accomplishments, with the requirements of the position to determine whether you meet all the qualification requirements.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
This announcement is issued under "direct-hire" authority. Consistent with 5 U.S.C. 3304(a)(3) and OPM regulations (5 CFR 337 Subpart B) on direct-hire: All candidates who meet all the qualification and other eligibility requirements may be referred for consideration. Competitive examining rules providing for rating and ranking and veterans' preference do not apply. We will evaluate your application by comparing your description of your work experience, level of responsibility, and accomplishments, with the requirements of the position to determine eligibility.
Veterans’ Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this vacancy.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No