Financial Manager (Deputy Chief Financial Officer)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Please refer to section "Additional Information" for eligibility information.
- A 1-year probationary period is required (unless already completed).
- A 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period is required (unless already completed).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a High Risk-Public Trust background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- May be required to file a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
To qualify for this position, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Providing financial management oversight, budget formulation and execution, funds control, accounting activities, implementing internal controls and accounting operations;
- Overseeing and managing a professional staff in the performance of broad and varied financial management, and budget execution functions which include, but are not limited to budgeting, accounting, and funds control;
- Managing an agency's cash management program and ensuring compliance with the Treasury regulations and guidance;
- Managing an agency's travel program and ensuring compliance with the Federal Travel Regulations; and
- Planning, preparing, submitting, and executing all aspect of an agency's budget submission for both OMB and Congress.
- You must have been at the GS-14 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
This position does not have an education requirement.
- You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy; or
- You may qualify for a relocation incentive in accordance with agency policy.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- We may fill like positions within 12 months of the close of the announcement.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your resume states complete information for each job entry. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year (MM/YYYY), and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume. If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume will result in a not qualified determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Budget Administration
- Leadership and Supervision
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be assigned to the Well Qualified category or better to receive special selection priority. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No