Geographic Information Systems Analyst
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Utilize ArcGIS systems (ArcGIS Desktop, Pro, AGOL) to conduct geospatial analysis and produce visual outputs.
- Work independently and within teams to complete varied analytical and GIS-related projects and tasks.
- Use ArcGIS systems and related tools to analyze millions of records.
- Write and update technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Present information and results to a variety of clients, host training sessions and formal presentations.
- Troubleshoot problems and provide customer support for software operating system and application issues.
- Work closely with IT and GIS staff to maintain and improve operations.
You must meet ALL of the minimum qualifications listed below.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Geography, GIS, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Engineering, or like degree with a significant quantitative, mathematical, or analytical component.
- Must have 5 years of specialized experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Professional experience with Oracle and Teradata databases, SAS, and/or PowerBI.
- Knowledge of the logistics, shipping, transportation, or mailing industries.
You must have the experience, knowledge and skills as listed in EACH of the evaluation factors. Failure to demonstrate that you meet all of the evaluation factor requirements as listed below will result in a score of zero (0); an ineligible status, and you will not be referred for further consideration. Include your major accomplishments relevant to the position requirements in your resume.
- Experience managing, mapping, and analyzing large, nation-wide data sets using ArcGIS Deskop (ArcMap and/or Pro) and presenting results through ArcGIS Online and/or Portal for ArcGIS.
- Knowledge of and experience with GIS Software and related platforms to include RDBMS (e.g. Oracle,) BI systems (e.g. PowerBI, SASVA,) and statistical computing (e.g. SAS, R, Python).
- Quantitative and Qualitative skills for determining systemic or procedural problems and developing findings and recommendations.
- Ability to express and present ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
You will no longer be considered for this position if you receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor.
Failure to demonstrate that you meet all evaluation factor requirements will result in a score of zero (0). Upon receipt of a zero score, you will be deemed "not minimally qualified," and you will not be referred for further consideration.
Education must be accredited by an institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation here: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred. Special Instructions for Candidates with Foreign Education: Education completed outside the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in U.S. education programs. You must submit all necessary documents to a private U.S. credential evaluation service to interpret equivalency of your education against courses given in U.S. accredited colleges and universities. For further information visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Pay is only part of the compensation you will earn working for the USPS OIG. We offer a broad array of benefits programs:
Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Care Insurances with Flexible Spending options.
For more information about these programs visit www.opm.gov/insure.
Retirement and Thrift Savings. For more information about these programs see www.opm.gov/retire and http://www.tsp.gov/.
Flexible Work Schedules. USPS OIG offers a range of family friendly flexibilities including flexible work schedules, telework and employee assistance programs.
Leave and Holidays. In addition to 10 paid holidays each year, you will earn 13 days of paid sick leave and 13 to 26 paid vacation days each year depending on your years of service.
For further information, please refer to our website at:
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Status: Exempt (Nonexempt employees are entitled to overtime pay; Exempt employees are not).
This agency provides Reasonable Accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The decision on granting an accommodation request will be made on a case by case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Human Resources Office will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications required for this position. You will no longer be considered for this position if you: receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor; fail to attach all required documentation; if your application materials indicate that you are not minimally-qualified for this position; or if you fail to qualify on the interview. Only the top-rated candidates will be referred to a review official or the selecting official for further consideration. Top-rated applicants may be required to participate in an interview. Your rating may be further adjusted or rated as ineligible by the review official or the selecting official based on your interview performance. Once all applicant scores are finalized, the selecting official will make a final decision. NOTE: If you receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor or on the interview, you will be considered NOT MINIMALLY QUALIFIED for the position and rated ineligible.Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required Yes