Supply Technician (Data Transcribing)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 3 investigation level).
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace corps, Americorps), we encourage you to include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on How to Create a Federal Resume, click here.
The GS-6 salary range starts at $42,308 per year.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5/
Specialized experience is experience performing technical work that has equipped the applicant with knowledge of supply regulations, policies, procedures, and operations to conduct research into shipped items and to respond to customer and industry inquiries.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Bargaining Unit status: NA
Selected applicants may qualify for credit toward annual leave accrual based on prior non-Federal work experience or uniformed service experience.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Knowledge of standardized supply regulations, policies, procedures, or other instructions relating to supply cataloging procedures and problem solving in an existing logistics data system
- Ability to use one or more automated supply data bases to enter, correct, interpret and retrieve data, recurring reports and specialized reports
- Knowledge of the structure of the local supply organization and the organizations serviced
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under GSA's Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No