Supervisory Systems Accountant
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualification requirements before the announcement closes.
Applicants must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower band/grade level equivalent to a GS-13 in the federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully resolve accounting systems problems, interpret policies, and provide advice and guidance on accounting procedures. Do you meet the requirements as described? Answer to this question is required. Your response must be supported by your resume.
Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 semester hours may include up to six (6) hours of credit in business law. (Note: the terms "accounting' and "auditing" may be used interchangeably for purposes of crediting course work.)
Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law; A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that:
(a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining;
(b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and
(c) except for literal non-conformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Selectee may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Please be aware that applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to a determination of your suitability for Federal employment.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one-year or two-year probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the qualification requirements stated above, you will be further rated based on your responses to the vacancy questions. Please make sure that your responses to the vacancy questions are supported in your resume. Please follow all instructions carefully. If you provide incomplete answers, fail to provide a narrative response to any vacancy question(s) that requires further explanation, or if your response to a vacancy question is "see resume”, your rating may be affected or you may be determined ineligible.
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Ability to manage a staff of financial management professionals; to include leading, managing and/or supervising (planning, organizing, directing, reviewing, etc.) the work activities of team members and/or subordinate staff while concurrently utilizing management techniques to motivate, train, develop and direct an organizational unit with a focus on delivering high quality customer service and achieving results through an outcome-based approach.
- Expert knowledge of federal financial management and accounting concepts, principles, and procedures.
- Ability to apply knowledge of project management concepts, principles and procedures.
- Skill in applying internal controls concepts, principles and procedures.
- Experience interpreting complex financial and accounting data and provide appropriate analysis and recommendations for senior management decisions.
- Experience reviewing, analyzing and evaluating automated financial management systems and interfaces to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Skill in communicating clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to develop and/or deliver briefings, project papers, staff reports, and correspondence to managers that explain technically complex matters in terms appropriate for the audience. This includes communicating effectively with system designers and FMBO staff to ensure that financial systems and tools meet GAO needs. By way of definition, oral communication may include methods used by employees with disabilities such as sign language interpretation, text-to-speech or TTY technology, and amplification devices.
- Skill in developing and maintaining reports and other tools to support financial management needs as they arise.
- kill in developing guidance, memoranda, procedures, and instructions that cover a wide variety financial management and processing topics.
- Experience monitoring financial systems activity to identify and resolve issues with transaction processing in a timely manner.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No