Supervisory Management and Program Analyst *MSP*
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS (FRONT LINE MANAGER): You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level within the payband or GS grade in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. To be qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient to demonstrate:
- Experience with management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment, and space for the accomplishment of all program objectives with combined technical and administrative oversight
- Experience applying regulations, other official guidance and principles, including the latest procedures and techniques sufficient to oversee the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs specific to the position being filled
- Experience applying basic budget management principles and practices (i.e. ability to maintain and manage financial resources)
- Experience applying communicative techniques to effectively and diplomatically interact with internal and external customers.
-The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
-To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
1 Position may be filled in SB/SE Service Center, Campus Collection Kansas City, Planning & Analysis, P&A Staff. The position is Remain in POD.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: 92313
A PM/C SharePoint site is available for IRS Employees at : https://organization.ds.irsnet.gov/sites/HCOETS/PMC/SPDLibrary/SitePages/Home.aspx
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements
- Tour of Duty: Shifts will be between 6 am and 5 pm. Actual TOD will be defined at job offer.
- Subject to a 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period (unless already completed).
- May be required to file a confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of selection and annually from then on.
- Obtain and use a government-issued charge card for business related travel.
- If you are an IRS/Treasury employee eligible for consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), you must submit proof of eligibility by 11:59 PM ET on the closing date of this announcement. If you have any questions concerning your eligibility please refer back to the CTAP Documentation link in the vacancy under How You Will Be Evaluated.
- Security Clearance Required - Public Trust - Background Investigation.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated on the leadership and technical competencies of the position to be filled per the Service's Management Selection Program (MSP) 2.0 which covers Frontline, Department and Senior Manager positions. Technical competencies for this position are: General Supervision, Workload Processing, Service Delivery.
IRS employees must complete the Leadership Succession Review (LSR) Assessment. Step by step instructions, on the on-line self assessment and managerial assessment, are available at https://hco.web.irs.gov/apps/CAC/LSR2/mgr_check.asp. The results from this assessment are used in ranking applicants on the leadership competencies. You will need the results from this assessment to complete your CareerConnector on-line application. Your rating may be lowered, if your responses to the online questions are not supported.
Referral: You will be assigned to one of three quality groups. Each group represents a quality level (i.e., Superior/Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, Qualified). Candidates will be considered in quality group order. If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury employee eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), you must receive a score ofHIGHLY QUALIFIED or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No