IT Specialist (INFOSEC)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Applicants must demonstrate on their resume that they have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
Attention to Detail
For the GG-13, you must have directly applicable specialized experience that demonstrates the possession of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but must clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Specialized experience is defined as experience developing policies and procedures, conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of information systems
There is no substitution of education for the specialized experience requirement at this grade level.
- This position is a DoD Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1599f.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination
- If you are a current Federal Career/Career-Conditional employee, you will be placed on an Excepted appointment.
- This appointment does not confer eligibility to be non-competitively converted to the competitive service.
- A three year probationary period is required.
- Individuals tentatively selected for drug testing designated positions at the Defense Information Systems Agency will be required to submit to urinalysis for illegal drugs prior to appointment or placement.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs MAY be paid. They MUST be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 makes certain reimbursements/payments taxable. For information on these changes and the Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA), for which some appointees are eligible, click here.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY be authorized.
- This is an Information Security (INFOSEC) position. In accordance with DoD 8570.1-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, selectee must meet Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, selected must meet Information Assurance Certification standards. Selectee must have an approved waiver prior to placement in this position or achieve the appropriate IA certification within six months of assignment of IA duties. Level 1 certification is required prior to be authorizing unsupervised privileged access.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. It applies to former Federal civilian employees receiving a retirement annuity from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund that are hired within the DoD on or after November 24, 2003. The policy also applies to annuitants (appointed in DoD on/or after November 24, 2003) who move from one position to another within DoD through voluntary reassignment, promotion, change to lower grade or transfer between military departments. Please see this policy here
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program.
- DoD Components with CES positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 3005, "CES Employment and Placement." If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package."
- For more information on veterans' preference click here.
- For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10474558