25% or less - Significant travel is required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Auditors in the Office of Inspector General are subject to stringent restrictions on interest in, or ownership of, Federal lands and energy resources. An annual conflict of interest statement is required.
Time-In-Grade Requirement: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions contained in 5CFR 300, Subpart F.
CTAP/ICTAP Eligibility: Individuals who have special priority selection rights under the Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for the position to receive consideration for special priority selection. Federal employees seeking CTAP/ICTAP eligibility must submit proof that they meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330.605 (a) for CTAP and 5 CFR 330.704 for ICTAP. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as a CTAP or ICTAP eligible.
E-Verify: DOI uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Minimum Qualification for GS-12:
Specialized Experience: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service as an Auditor responsible for planning and conducting audit assignments; presenting results to supervisors or team leaders; identifying unusual or questionable accounting practices; and developing work papers and reporting on the economy and efficiency of operations.
Minimum Qualification for GS-13:
Specialized Experience: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service as an Auditor developing or assisting in development of audit approaches to evaluate a variety of financial programs and accounting systems; preparing audit/review reports to provide information on financial program operations and that identify causes of deficiencies or problems; conducting broad audit assignments requiring integrated analysis of a number of different accounting systems; and choosing audit areas to be covered and plans audit efforts in different locations and at different organizational management levels.
Positive Education Requirement
You must submit documentation to verify satisfaction of the positive education requirement for the 0511 Auditing series. This requirement applies to all applicants wishing to be considered for the position.
Degree: Accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.") OR
Combination of education and experience: At least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law; or
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level of the position in accounting, auditing, or a related field; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal non-conformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
- You must meet initial and periodic suitability determinations based on favorable background investigations and updates.
- Occasional travel may be required lasting five to seven nights.
- Additional selections may be made within 90 days of the closing date of this announcement.
- Veterans who are preference eligible or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after three years or more of continuous active service are eligible for consideration under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA). See: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx#veoa
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Candidates are required to possess certain Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the functions of this position. The KSAs for this position are:
- Professional knowledge of and experience in applying Federal Acquisition Regulations and Code of Federal Regulations sufficient to perform Federal government contract audits and government financial assistance audits
- Professional knowledge of the theories, practices, methods, and techniques of accounting/auditing sufficient to perform performance and financial audits
- Ability to function as a team leader
- Skill in oral communication to explain the significance of conclusions and justify recommendations
- Skill in written communication to prepare clear and concise work papers
Your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire will be validated against your resume to determine if you meet the qualification requirements for this position. If a determination is made that qualifications and/or experience have been inflated, your score will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. After the closing date of the announcement, we will review your resume per Category Rating or Numerical Scoring procedures to ensure that qualification and eligibility requirements are met.
To verify the status of your application both during and after the announcement open period, log into your USAJOBS account. All of your applications will appear on the Welcome page. The application record in your USAJOBS account provides an Additional Application Information page that provides information regarding the documentation you submitted and any correspondence we have sent related to this application. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/
This position may require a writing assessment as part of the interview process.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No