The Instructional Coach is responsible for working directly with new and identified teachers in their development of best
instructional practices and classroom management. The Instructional Coach will serve as a resource for principals and
the Department of Human Resources and Talent Development in collaboratively designing and delivering effective job-
embedded professional learning to new and identified teachers.
the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed
* Provides one-on-one coaching for new and identified experienced teachers who need support through
classroom visits, feedback, modeling, reflection, and problem-solving.
* Assists with the Department of Human Resources and Talent Development with teacher Plans of Improvement
and Plans of Assistance.
* Communicates and works collaboratively and confidentially with teachers and administrators.
* Provides workshops and training that will enhance the professional learning of teachers.
* Assists the Mentoring and Coaching Supervisor by monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of the Mentor and
* Facilitates reflective conversations with teachers to drive instructional practices.
* Maintains records of coaching visits.
* Assists in gathering and distributing information and data to enhance instruction to LCPS students.
Below are the qualifications for this position:
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
* Valid Virginia teaching license; special education endorsement preferred
* Five years teaching experience and is recognized as an exemplary classroom teacher and utilizes effective
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate regarding best practices for special education to support
* Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills for working effectively with colleagues, administrators, and
* Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with colleagues
* Demonstrated skills in analyzing and using data for instructional decision-making
* Demonstrated a commitment to personal professional growth and learning
* Demonstrated how to facilitate reflective conversations with teachers
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of
the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers
accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall
and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of
time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Itinerant travel is required, and the employee is frequently required to change locations and adapt to multiple
environments across schools and offices. Ability to drive and navigate to multiple locations occasionally within a single
day is required.