The EDGE Coordinator works with the gifted team to coordinate all aspects of the EDGE (Empowering Diversity in Gifted
Education) program including program enhancements and expansion. The EDGE program is designed to nurture and
challenge students with gifted potential from historically underrepresented populations. The program provides
additional academic challenges for students designed to develop students' individual potential.
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to
the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed
* Works with the gifted team to coordinate all aspects of the EDGE program including analyzing EDGE program
data, launching new school programs, conducting professional development, and providing support to gifted
resource teachers at participating schools.
* Revises EDGE identification procedures, program guidelines, and EDGE implementation handbook as necessary.
* Develops EDGE curriculum in association with teachers to ensure that the curriculum implements appropriate
instructional strategies to meet the needs of students from underrepresented populations.
* Makes curriculum materials and resources available electronically for teachers to access.
* Conducts EDGE program training for gifted resource teachers and other school staff.
* Provides program support to gifted resource teachers at participating schools.
* Promotes EDGE program by assisting with maintaining EDGE webpage and calendar, providing program updates
at Gifted Education Advisory Committee and other meetings, and responding to parent inquiries.
* Liaisons with Science department to identify students for the EDGE Plus program and to support the learning
experiences designed for the program.
* Works with Science and Research offices to collect, analyze, and evaluate program data and makes program
changes and enhancements to the program based on that data.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Below are the qualifications for this position:
* Postgraduate Professional License in elementary education required; gifted endorsement preferred
* Five years of experience in a gifted classroom or program preferred
* Has demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills necessary for building strong rapport and
relationships with teachers and administrators
* Has excellent oral and written communication skills
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking. expressing or exchanging ideas by means of
the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers
accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall
and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of
time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.