Protective Service Specialist
50% or less - Frequent travel is required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- DRUG TEST: This position has been determined to be a critical safety/security position as defined in the Department of Transportation (DOT) Order, DOT 3910.1D entitled "Drug and Alcohol-Free Departmental Workplace." Therefore, if selected for the position you will be required to submit to a pre-employment/pre-appointment drug test, you will also be subject to Random Drug Testing.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: A government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only.
- COVERAGE: This position is covered under law enforcement retirement coverage (5 U.S.C. 8336(c) and 5 U.S.C. 8412(d)). Must maintain requirements to qualify for LEO retirement coverage.
- AGE REQUIREMENT: To qualify for law enforcement retirement coverage (6C), you must meet Maximum Entry Age requirements for primary law enforcement positions: Candidates without previous LEO service must be under age 37; OR, those with current or prior federal LEO coverage will be considered only if they can demonstrate that they will have completed 20 years of covered service by mandatory retirement age of 57; OR a veterans’ preference eligible. This requirement may be waived for Veterans - please see link: https://www.chcoc.gov/content/change-maximum-entry-age-requirements-veterans%E2%80%99-preference-eligibles
- MEDICAL REQUIREMENT: Subject to successful completion of medical qualification determination.
- SF-50: If you have current or prior Federal Law Enforcement Officer coverage you must submit appropriate SF-50’s that shows period of coverage. Failure to provide proof of Federal LEO coverage may result in removal from consideration.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- License Required: State Drivers License
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience requirements for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
FOR THE GS-12, to qualify on Experience, you must have one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the GS 11, which includes the following:
- Experience using standard methods and techniques in the management and conduct of law enforcement and/or protective service operations involving the protection of senior officials and facilities from espionage, sabotage, theft, assault, terrorist actions, and other criminal activity.
FOR THE GS-13, (in addition to the GS-12), you must have one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the GS-12, which includes following:
- Experience using a range of security concepts, principles, and practices to independently review, analyze, and resolve security problems.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For additional information about applying to Federal positions, please click on the following link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/#url=e4
Students enrolled in a qualifying degree program can apply if the anticipated graduation date is within six months of closing date of the announcement. Graduation transcript must be received before start date.
Other applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Displaced employees may be eligible for ICTAP or CTAP priority consideration. For more information, please review the OPM Employee's Guide to Career Transition.
EEO STATEMENT: The Department of Transportation (DOT) maintains a model federal work environment that is free of discrimination. DOT ensures equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, or protected activity.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days for this location.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top-rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration.
Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. The answers you select in the on-line process must be substantiated in your application package. If upon review, it is determined that your described work history, competencies, and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, your application may be updated or you may not be referred to the selecting official. Please ensure that your work history provides enough details to support your answers. The Automated Staffing Office is ultimately responsible for determining your final rating.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No