Supervisory Realty Specialist
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel may be authorized to attend training and/or conferences.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
- Serve a one year supervisory or managerial probationary period, if required
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-15 salary range starts at $137,849 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is administration/management of a real estate organization, division, program or project with responsibility for the development of national realty policy and the implementation of complex multi-regional workplace solutions. Such experience must demonstrate application of the functions, policies, programs, procedures, regulations and laws associated with a realty program; utilization of brokerage services; analysis of real estate trends and market drivers; and operation within a matrix management organizational environment (like GSA's Public Buildings Service or a large national multi-office organization).
Bargaining Unit status: Not Applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Selected applicants may qualify for credit towards annual leave accrual based on prior non-Federal work experience or uniformed service experience.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your overall possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Knowledge of real estate, leasing and brokerage services with proven ability to solve problems not susceptible to treatment by conventional methods, and/or make recommendations which significantly change, interpret or develop important public policies and programs.
Skill in oral and written communication to develop and prepare policies, analytical reports of findings and recommendations, and briefing papers.
- Skill in managing Real Property. Comprehensive knowledge of organizational and management principles, techniques, theories, practices and policies.
- Ability to supervise a team of technical and professional staff in developing, coordinating and implementing operation and technical activities and requirements.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No