Occasional travel - Occasional travel is authorized to attend training and/or conferences.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 salary range starts at $99, 172.00 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is providing advice, guidance, and oversight for executive leadership programs; developing educational and training curriculum, and providing recommendations and assistance in setting program performance requirements.
Bargaining Unit status: Not Applicable
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Selected applicants may qualify for credit toward annual leave accrual based on prior non-Federal work experience or uniformed service experience.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A variety of assessments/assessment tools may be used to evaluate candidates for specific vacancies covered by this announcement. Candidates will be notified when further assessments are implemented and provided with instructions.
If you are an Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan eligible or a GSA Career Transition Assistance eligible, you must be considered well qualified (minimum score of 85) to receive priority. ICTAP/CTAP
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Knowledge of the mission, functions and program goals of GSA and the specific Service/organization for assigned areas of responsibility, including a specific knowledge methods and techniques required to implement and monitor government-wide programs and activities.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques required to analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of assigned programs; ability to identify problem areas, conduct research, select and evaluate technical data and to make decisions or recommendations for action based on consideration of all aspects of a problem.
- Knowledge of Federal laws and regulations, Executive Orders and agency directives and guidelines pertaining to designated program requirements, including the ability to assess any potential programs and to formulate recommendations regarding additional studies and alternative actions.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and written and oral communications required to explain and negotiate the requirements and implementation of government-wide program initiatives, and to present findings and conduct formal meetings in a concise and professional manner.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No