Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Physical Requirements: The work involves long periods of moving about the work unit. Work requires regular and recurring standing, bending, lifting, stooping, stretching, lifting and repositioning Residents. Must use proper body mechanics when lifting objects and use lift equipment for Residents. The work may require considerable and strenuous physical exertion, such as lifting objects greater the 50 pounds or defending oneself against physical attack.
Certification: You must have an active and current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification in a state or territory of the U.S.
Specialized Experience: For the GS-05, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: nonprofessional nursing care work in a hospital, nursing home, or other medical, nursing, or patient care facility, or in such work as that of a home health aide performing duties such as:
Providing personal nursing care; OR
Performing support duties for diagnostic and technical treatment procedures, such as setting up and operating special medical equipment and apparatus; OR
Caring for patients, including observing, recording, and reporting changes in their behavior, and providing reassurance and encouragement.; OR
A 4-year course of study above high school leading to a bachelors degree with courses related to the occupation, if required; OR
A combination of experience and education.
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S Department of Education.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a Bargaining unit position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Pass a pre-employment physical examination. An OF-178, Certificate of Medical Examination will be required if selected for this position. DO NOT SUBMIT AT TIME OF APPLICATION.
- Selectees will be subject to the AFRH Tuberculosis Surveillance Program.
- Shift Work: This facility operates on a 24 hour per day, three-shift basis. Assignment to a specific shift cannot be guaranteed. The successful applicant must be available to work on all three shifts on a rotational basis.
- Public Trust Security Clearance required.
- Because the mission of the AFRH requires uninterrupted direct human support and medical care for its Residents, this position is considered essential for continuing AFRH operations. Therefore, nursing assistants are expected to arrive for duty on time, as scheduled, and to complete the assigned tour of duty during emergency situations such as hazardous weather.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical and Communication. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, Outstanding, Excellent, or Qualified, depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. A subject matter expert may be used in the evaluation. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required Yes