Travel and Deployment Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Occasional overseas travel to Afghanistan may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized experience required: Includes experience with complete travel/deployment processes to include systems used, overseas travel, interaction with all authority levels, and oral/written communication.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Knowledge of government travel practices and procedures and established regulations such as the Joint Travel Regulations, Federal Travel Regulations, Department of State and Army regulations as well as policies and procedures issued by the Chief of Mission in Afghanistan and Army Central Command in order to arrange, travel, draft orders, deploy civilians and advise travelers on the full range of travel and deployment requirements, i.e. travel arrangements and orders, government travel cards, medical and training requirements, overseas country clearances, passports, etc.
- Knowledge of travel service industry, United States Government and Department of Defense travel and Government Travel Card requirements to ensure efficient, cost-effective travel arrangements and to resolve problem areas involving discrepancies in billing and travel voucher issues.
- Ability to effectively interact with others at all levels of authority and exert a positive influence.
- Mastery of oral and written communications skills to present clear and concise information, answer detailed questions, written memoranda and reports that effectively explain the status of positions or articulate rationale.
- Exceptional acuity to recall, in sequence, the events leading to current decisions or problems. Proficiency and designed flexibility to adjust work efforts to accommodate emergency situations with minimum sacrifice to the quality of work.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirements using experience alone- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- This position may be considered essential to the overall support of the SIGAR mission. If considered emergency essential, failure to meet emergency essential requirements may result in separation for the efficiency of the Federal Service (Ch. 75, Title 5 USC; FPM Ch 752.).
- Incumbent must complete a Form SF312, Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Overseas travel is required. In support of this travel, the incumbent is required to meet minimum standards of fitness for deployment to the CENTCOM region to include the ability to wear personal protective equipment, including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor, and chemical/biological protective garments.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.