An employee in this position performs routine to varied office operations requiring general office skills. Assignments
typically consist of word processing of personnel-related business documents, file maintenance, data entry and routine
database maintenance, scanning, mail processing, phone and visitor reception work, and similar tasks. Individuals in this
position take direction from members of the administrative team on overall assignments and, in following through on
that direction, plan for and complete their own daily tasks, provide updates on work status, and use independent
judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.
the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed
• Provides support to appropriate functional team(s) in areas such as job postings and the processing of
documents required for employment, including the maintenance of employee records.
• Provides general secretarial support such as performing word processing, completing routine database
maintenance, scanning documents, handling or forwarding phone inquiries, performing visitor reception
duties, and maintaining schedules, calendars, bulletin boards, reference files/materials, and other office
• Assists administrators with special projects.
• Makes meeting arrangements, as needed.
• Participates in job fairs or other department events, which may include some evening or weekend work.
• High School diploma or GED required
• Previous experience in a clerical or secretarial work
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, and of standard office equipment including desktop
PCs, scanners, printers, photocopiers, and facsimile machines
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and in work with databases, and the ability to learn and use other office
software, as needed
• Ability to perform general clerical work accurately and quickly, and to work under pressure and/or with
• Ability to communicate effectively, work cooperatively with others, and to demonstrate strong customer
service and communication skills
• Ability to handle confidential HR-related information with discretion and confidentiality
• Bilingual preferred
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking. expressing or exchanging ideas by means of
the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers
accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall
and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of
time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.