HRTD Coordinator - Transportation/Safety & Security
The Human Resources and Talent Development Coordinator is responsible for providing HR support regarding all aspects of recruiting, hiring and staffing to support services departments and programs for Loudoun County Public Schools.
* Counsels applicants and employees in matters of licensure, job qualifications, evaluations, career pathways, resignations/termination/retirement and other professional issues
* Partners with hiring managers in recruiting, interviewing, screening and making recommendations regarding personnel for employment; assists in the orientation of new personnel and provides information, direction and assistance in implementing HR policies
* Participates in the resolution of employee relations issues
* Participates in investigations and produces cogent reports
* Represents the School Division in unemployment hearings as required by the Virginia Employment Commission and the other states as required
* Reviews and assures compliance with Federal, State and other statutes and regulations affecting HR programs
* Leads special projects and performs related work as required
* At minimum, holds a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, with a Master's Degree, school administration and supervision endorsement, or human resources certifications preferred (e.g., PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
* Has experience in human resources environments or school-based environments in a licensed or administrative role
* Has knowledge of the principles and practices of public school administration, human resources administration, employee evaluation systems and equal employment
* Has working knowledge of computer applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, applicant tracking technology, etc.
* Has strong written and verbal communication skills and a preference for detail
* Has demonstrated the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel and within the community
* Has demonstrated the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high volume work environment
The Human Resources and Talent Development Coordinator is directly responsible to the Human Resources and Talent Development Supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend, and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.