Department: People Department
Reporting to: Office Manager
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm ET
Location: Washington, DC
Walton Enterprises is seeking a skilled, highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join the Washington DC office as a Receptionist. This position is ideal for individuals possessing strong customer service skills, positive attitude, organization skills, who enjoys working with others.
About the Position
The Receptionist will serve as the initial point of contact for guests and associates, help create a welcoming and safe environment, and demonstrate stellar customer service.
- Greet visitors and associates in a professional and friendly manner; notify associates of visitor arrival
- Ensure the front desk is covered at all times
- Answer incoming calls and redirect as appropriate; manage main line voicemail
- Collect, sort, and distribute mail; coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (UPS, FedEx, etc.)
- Coordinate and manage conference room scheduling
- Assist with scheduling office meetings and events, as requested; coordinate logistics, prepare materials and supplies, and order food
- Keep common areas of the office clean and organized – i.e., maintain breakroom, load/unload dishwasher each day, restock snacks in kitchen and pantry areas
- Order and maintain general supplies for the office
- Process monthly expense reports
- Place office/building maintenance requests to building management
- Provide general administrative and project support, such as calendaring, booking travel, etc.
- Demonstrate awareness of, and abide by, established security “best practices” as it relates to guest management and office safety
- Other duties as assigned
Who we are looking for
Qualifications required for your success
- Minimum education requirement of High School Diploma
- At least 2 years related work experience, preferably in an administrative role or office environment.
- Proven administrative support and technical skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Personal attributes that support your success
- Good interpersonal skills, a positive and respectful attitude, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, with a demonstrated capacity to meet deadlines
- Proactive orientation; ability to maximize efficiency in office processes and team needs
- Ability to self-manage, work independently
- Willingness and capacity to take on additional projects
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises (WEI) is a family office serving the personal and financial needs of multiple generations of the Walton family. Guided by Sam Walton’s values, WEI’s mission is to enable all family members to reach their personal, philanthropic, and business aspirations.
As the family’s wealth grows and a new generation takes on more meaningful roles, WEI is expanding the scope, depth and sophistication of its services, which include wealth management, legal, accounting, tax, risk management/insurance, technology, HR, construction, facilities management, as well as oversight of external resources and services for family members and their related entities. This is an exciting time to be part of this world class team.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.