Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (Information Systems)
- Full Time
25% or less - Occasional travel is required for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Subject to Random Drug Testing
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Favorable suitability determination required.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a "L" level Security Clearance.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Males must abide by Selective Service registration requirements.
- Compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12) governing personal identity which will require that you provide two forms of identification.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- A one year supervisory probationary period may be required.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service i.e., NQ-01 or GS-07.
Specialized experience for this position is defined as: Knowledge of human resource management concepts, practices, laws, regulations, policies, and precedents governing pay and personnel actions, federal employee benefits, and record-keeping in order to accurately process and maintain position and personnel actions and data; and information technology concepts, practices, and procedures.
You must have at least 3 of the 6 examples of specialized experience listed below:
- Serve as the senior specialist in the design, implementation, maintenance and/or operation of an automated HR information system(s) for assigned facilities
- Processes with accuracy and timeliness for the full range of position, pay and personnel actions and federal employee benefits.
- Ensures proper development, input and maintenance of personnel records and maintains database integrity.
- Develops and maintains systems that provide timely and accurate HR Information to management including, but not limited to: predefined ad·hoc queries and reports, statistical data, mini-data bases, suspense ticklers, Internet/Intranet web based information resources, etc.
- Provide advice and guidance to management officials on a variety of complex HR problems as they relate to the automated HR system
- Provide technical assistance on the HR automated system’s procedures and applications
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Knowledge of missions, programs, organizational structure and key officials in order to respond effectively to customer requests.
- Skill in leading, coaching, and managing assigned staff.
- Knowledge of automated office systems sufficient to process a wide variety of position/personnel actions or generate reports.
- Ability to plan, set priorities, manage workload, and evaluate operations in order to accomplish the work of the Unit in a timely, efficient, and effective manner.
"Experience" refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Time-in-Grade/Band: A qualified candidate’s online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower NNSA Demonstration Project pay band or GS grade in the Federal Service, i.e., NQ-01 or GS-07.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
There are no education requirements for this position.
You must have completed 52 weeks in a position equivalent to the next lower band, i.e., NQ-01 or GS-07.
You may substitute the completion of two full years of graduate education or all the requirements for a master's (or higher) degree in a field directly related to analysis work (e.g. business administration, human resources, accounting, finance, or similar) for specialized experience requirement for NQ-02. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position. Combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and specialized experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
- The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- If you believe that you are eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), please visit the OPM ICTAP/CTAP website for more information. In order to be considered under the ICTAP program, your application must score within the pre-established "well qualified" category as stated in the Qualifications section.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
EEO Policy: Click HERE.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: Click HERE.
Veterans Information: Click HERE.
Telework: Click HERE.
Selective Service Registration: Click HERE.
Information about the NNSA Demonstration project can be found by clicking HERE.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Department of Energy uses an application tracking system to evaluate the responses you provide in the applicant assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications necessary for this position. Then, the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will conduct a quality review of your application and supporting documentation to determine if your qualifications meet the criteria for referral to the selecting official.
We will also verify that you are eligible for Merit Promotion positions by reviewing your previous Federal employment to ensure you meet Time-in-Grade requirements. If you are eligible to apply to Merit Promotion announcements based on Veteran or other non-competitive statuses, we will verify your supporting documentation prior to referral.
Your performance appraisals and incentive awards will be given due consideration in the selection process based on their relation to the duties of the position and the consistency with which they may be considered in evaluating you against other applicants.
If you are eligible for career transition assistance plans such as ICTAP or CTAP, you must meet the definition of "well qualified" which is defined as having a score of 85 or better.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance L Access Authorization Drug test required Yes