Lead Human Resources Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education, and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement.
If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed below, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript with your application.
NOTE: Applicants must meet time-in-grade and time after competitive appointment requirements, by the closing date of this announcement.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions, per 5CFR 300, Subpart F.
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service which provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
• Experience working independently in the area of recruitment/placement/staffing, processing federal government vacancy announcements and accomplishing the tasks associated with such work for example: conducting job analysis, formulating crediting plans, and analyzing candidate qualifications.
• Experience working independently as a consultant for management and employees to provide human resources advice in areas such as position management, classification, performance management, employee benefits and compensation, employee relations, training, and other related HR functions.
• Experienced in providing training and conducting briefs, meeting, negotiations and other presentations to customers, employees, supervisors, senior managers, etc. concerning all aspects of human resources.
• Experienced in applying Federal Human Resources regulations, policies, and procedures and developing/revising policies and procedures in response to the issuance of regulatory guidelines while serving as a technical adviser on all functions relating to human resources.
• Experience in independently planning and directing a broad range of Human Resources programs and monitoring progress of work load completion and ensuring HR policy compliance of final products.
• Experience in providing technical leadership for the planning, execution and revision of all HR activities in specialty areas such as staffing operations, recruitment, classifications, HR information systems, employee relations etc.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-13 position.
See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.
For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or ReasonableAccommodations@state.gov.
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION PROGRAM (E-Verify) – U.S. law requires organizations to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States - either U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. This agency utilizes E-Verify to compare information from the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) records to confirm employment eligibility. If the employee’s information does not match DHS and/or SSA records, the employee is given an opportunity to resolve the problem. If eligibility cannot be verified, employment will be terminated.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
-- Knowledge of Federal regulations, Bureau polices, and Department standards as well as Executive Orders, manuals, memorandums and reference literature in order to interpret and apply guidelines to specific situations.
-- Ability to perform qualitative and quantitative analyze in order to identify, assess, and improve effectiveness and efficiency of HRM services and work products provided by the team.
-- Ability to communicate orally with a diverse audience in order to develop and deliver presentations
--Ability to communicate in writing to a diverse audience in order to present draft correspondence.
-- Knowledge of leadership concepts, methods, principles, and practices in order to perform functions such as identifying, distributing and balancing workload/tasks among employees and monitor and report on teams work.
-- Knowledge of HR automated systems to query retrieve and analyze information and data in order to complete assignments.
-- Skill in collecting information, fact finding, analysis, evaluation and research complex issues to provide sound conclusions, advice and recommendations.
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Your resume should include the dates of all qualifying experience (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours worked/volunteered per week. For assistance with creating a resume, please click
Qualified candidates are assigned a score between 70 and 100. Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated "Well Qualified" for the position and earn a score of at least 85 (when applicants are rated in a range of 70 to 100) to receive consideration for special priority.
If, after reviewing your resume and self-assessment questionnaire responses and a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, a score will be manually determined that reflects your documented experience. This may result in a lower score, which may also eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Applicants must meet all the qualification requirements and submit any required supporting documentation by the closing date of this job opportunity. Your application package must contain sufficient information to make a valid determination that you fully meet the basic/specialized experience requirements as stated in this job opportunity announcement for each grade level(s) for which you are applying. Applicants found to be among the top qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes