Animal Health Assistant (Developmental) NF-01/02/03
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in the English language. Experience dealing with the general public (which can include babysitting, newspaper delivery, Girl/Boy scouts etc.).
For more information please see PD #20211 (Please click here to view).
Animal Health Assistant (Developmental), NF-02:
- Work experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the above duties which could have been gained at a pet store, farm work, animal shelter etc. Basic requirements include knowledge of approved restraint techniques of animals in accordance with the guidelines of the AVMA - American Veterinary Medical Association or equivalent (e.g. VMSB - Veterinary Medical Standardization Board etc.); and knowledge of proper vaccines and syringe handling.
Highly Preferred: Candidates that possess demonstrated experience including proficiency in basic medical terminology; application of appropriate restraint techniques to perform a variety of routine medical and diagnostic procedures (to include proper radiological techniques); proficiency in recording medical history and treatment in ccSOAP (Chief Complaint Subjective Objective Assessment Plan); explains product information and/or treatment plan to clients as directed by the Veterinarian.
For more information please see PD #20210 (Please click here to view).
Animal Health Assistant (Full Performance), NF-03:
- A minimum of six (6) months demonstrated experience directly related to the duties required in the position that must have been gained through practical application in a Veterinary Medical setting and which demonstrates the knowledge, clinical skills, and abilities essential to perform successfully in accordance with the guidelines of the AVMA - American Veterinary Medical Association or equivalent (e.g. VMSB - Veterinary Medical Standardization Board etc.). Demonstrated experience include: proficiency in basic medical terminology; utilizes correct sterile techniques; apply appropriate restraint techniques to perform a variety of routine medical and diagnostic procedures (to include proper radiological techniques); proficiency in recording medical history and treatment in ccSOAP (Chief Complaint Subjective Objective Assessment Plan); explains product information and/or treatment plan to clients as directed by the Veterinarian; determine preventive wellness plan to include required medical treatments and vaccinations requirements based on patient medical history; utilize in-house laboratory equipment to perform diagnostics tests; conduct routine maintenance on in-house laboratory equipment; completes lab request form for reference laboratories; prepares samples for shipment to outside laboratories.
Highly Preferred: Possess or have the ability to reactivate/obtain a registration, license, or certification as a veterinary assistant or higher through an accredited program (e.g. as identified on the www.NAVTA.net website Possess basic supply management experience which includes: ordering supplies, maintaining sufficient stock levels, completing monthly inventory counts and documenting expiration dates of in stock medications and vaccines.
For more information please see PD# 20209 (Please click here to view).
Salary is pro-rated based on a 40 hour work week and will be determined based on grade level qualified. Hourly salary is:
NF-01 $7.25 to $9.00
NF-02 $10.95 to $12.00
NF-03 $15.46 to $16.70
Work schedule to be determined after hire.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 4:00pm EST (Monday -Thursday) or 3:00pm EST (Friday) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) cost is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pdf).
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications, Conditions of Employment, Physical Requirements, Highly Preferred Criteria, and Integrity Certification.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Qualified Preference-eligible candidates (e.g. Military Spouse Preference, Involuntarily Separated Military Preference) meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management first.
If an additional list is required, Non-Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management.
Lastly, if no selection was made off of the previous lists, management may make selections for candidates meeting the minimum qualifications only
NOTE: Candidates meeting the full performance level (NF-03) will be referred to the selecting official first. If the selecting official does not make a selection at the full performance level qualified candidates meeting the NF-02 and/or NF-01 criteria will be referred Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No