Director, Family and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (DLA)
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Position-specific Conditions of Employment
1. Obtain and maintain for the duration of employment a T3 clearance.
2. Travel overnight away from duty location no more than 25% of the time.
3. File a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, Executive Branch Personnel Confidential Financial Disclosure Report upon entering the position and annually, in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R, Joint Ethics Regulation, dated 30 August 1993.
General Conditions of Employment
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The Defense Logistics Agency is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check IAW AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained.
5. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check with Inquiries
6. You will be required to show Social Security card upon appointment to a NAF position.
7. Direct Deposit is required.
Specialized experience equivalent to the next lower level overseeing a Department of Defense FMWR program at the regional level or headquarters level which includes experience in developing complex NAF policies for multiple audiences; evaluating NAF programs; and designing solution to complex NAF issues; managing Appropriated and Nonappropriated funding streams including authorization and program utilization as well as the UFM process; overseeing a variety of NAF contracts; and managing NAF employees under a NAF personnel policy including the hiring process, the disciplinary action process, and funding for NAF positions.
The position has highly qualified criteria. Candidates who meet the highly qualified criteria may be referred before applicants who only meet the minimum qualifications, notwithstanding required preference categories. The highly qualifying criteria for this position is:
In addition to the minimum qualifications, a minimum of a total of three years of experience in three or more FMWR program areas, such as Business, Recreation, Child & Youth Program, NAF Human Resources, NAF Contracting, etc. AND three years of more of senior-level leadership experience.
This position does not have an educational requirement, nor can education be substituted for specialized experience to qualify.
This position is a regular full-time (RFT) position, which guarantees 40 hours per week. RFT employees are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package, including the accrual of annual and sick leave, health benefits, life insurance, etc.
This position is a non-bargaining unit position.
The hiring manager may make selections from this referral certificate for up to 60 days after the closing date if additional vacancies become available.
180-day Restriction for Military Retirees: Military retirees are unable to be appointed to NAF positions for 180 days after their retirement date, as documented on their DD-214. Military retirees who, by the closing date of the announcement, have been retired from the military for more than 150 days may apply; however, they will not be appointed until they have reached the 180 day mark.
The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants.
The Department of Defense provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
The Defense Logistics Agency Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Application packages will be evaluated to determine if the applicant demonstrated in his/her resume the required experience and submitted the required supporting educational supporting documentation. Failure to include information that clearly demonstrates experience, education, or other qualifying factors (i.e. dates, grades) may result in an ineligible rating. Please include MONTH and YEAR for each period of employment. Applicants who do not provide month and year for each will be afford the least amount of qualifying time, i.e. 2017-2018 will be counted as December 2017 through January 2018 (2 months of experience).
Your resume MUST contain contact information include a complete mailing address and telephone number. Applicants will be rated "Ineligible" if their resume is missing a complete mailing address and telephone number. We encourage you to include your email address on your resume.
Current and former Federal employees MUST include their official position title (from the SF-50, DA 3434 or Service equivalent), pay plan, series, grade, Department/Agency, duty location. Failure to provide all of this information may result in the experience not being considered as qualifying experience, which may result in a rating of "not qualified."
NOTE: Redacting official supporting documents, such as DD 214s, SF-50s, DA 3434s, etc, including "blacking" out social security numbers, DOB, addresses, etc., may result in you not being afforded the requested employment/preference category.
Inappropriate materials, such as pictures/classified information, which are loaded as part of your application package will result in the application being marked as "Ineligible" and it will receive no consideration.
Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualifications determinations within 30 days of 04/24/2019