IT SPECIALIST (POLICY AND PLANNING)
Occasional travel - Less than 25%
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes PCS May Be Authorized. Recruitment, Relocation, or Retention Incentives May Be Authorized
For entry at the GS-13 level, status applicants must have served 52 weeks as a GS-12 or higher grade in the Federal Service.
For entry at the GS-14 level, status applicants must have served 52 weeks as a GS-13 or higher grade in the Federal Service.
Applicants must demonstrate on their resume that they have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
Attention to Detail
For the GS-13, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-12 if outside the Federal service, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as experience assisting with developing and maintaining strategic plans as it pertains to the agency's connection approvals, risk adjudications, and policy development, and IT-related experience demonstrating Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving as described in the vacancy announcement.
For the GS-14, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-13 if outside the Federal service, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as experience developing and maintaining strategic plans as it pertains to connection approvals, risk adjudications, and policy development, and IT-related experience demonstrating Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving as described in the vacancy announcement.
In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirements, qualified applicants must also possess the quality of experience as it relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background, recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must clearly demonstrate the possession of the competencies necessary to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level to be qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how their experience meets the competencies within the body of the resume. No separate statements addressing competencies are required.
Competencies:Communication, Information Technology Policy and Planning, Information Technology Program Management, Risk Management, and Technical Competence
Qualification and time-in-grade requirements must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for the specialized experience requirement at the grade levels.
To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. You must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- A two year probationary period may be required.
- Individuals tentatively selected for drug testing designated positions at the Defense Information Systems Agency will be required to submit to urinalysis for illegal drugs prior to appointment or placement.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs may be paid. They MUST be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives may be authorized. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 makes certain reimbursements/payments taxable. For information on these changes and the Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA), for which some appointees are eligible, click here.
- This is an obligated position with DISA to which an employee has statutory restoration rights based on active military service, compensable injury or disability when fully recovered, or return rights based on having served an overseas tour(s). When a position is obligated to an employee it means that he/she has an entitlement to that position. During the obligation period, the position may be filled on a temporary or permanent basis. When an obligated position is filled, the selected employee is required to sign an agreement acknowledging that (s)he is aware of the obligation and accepts the fact that (s)he may be displaced under reduction in force procedures at a later time.
- For more information on veterans' preference click here.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants.
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program. For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Information Technology Policy and Planning
- Information Technology Program Management
- Risk Management
- Technical Competence
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10462634 Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes