ECONOMIST (RESEARCH, APPLIED ANALYTICS & STATISTICS)
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights travel per month.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (All Grades)
You must have a Bachelor's or higher degree in economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus. OR Combination of education and experience- Courses equivalent to a major in economics as shown above, plus appropriate experience or additional education. Examples of qualifying experience include (this list is not all inclusive): a. Individual economic research assignments requiring planning, information assembly, analysis and evaluation, conclusion and report preparation; b. Supervisory or project coordination assignments involving a staff of professional economists, and requiring the evaluation and interpretation of economic information; or c. Teaching assignments in a college or university that included both class instruction in economics subjects and include one of the following: (1) personal research that produced evidence of results; (2) direction of graduate theses in economics, or (3) service as a consultant or advisor on technical economics problems. The quality of the combination of education and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform work in the occupation, and is comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of a full 4-year course of study with a major in economics.
In addition to the above, you must meet the requirements described below:
GS-14 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: experience applying quantitative techniques to analyze and address complex and multi-disciplinary issues pertaining to strategic planning, public policy, or public administration and to provide senior management with economic analysis of major issues, to extend & refine existing methodologies, and to develop new approaches to the analysis of assigned topics and to prepare policy options with the action plans to implement them; experience working with advanced theories and concepts of management science and an associated level of experience evaluating and redesigning various programs. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: Initiating and conducting a wide variety of complex economic studies to evaluate policies affecting tax administration and taxpayer compliance and to define feasible alternatives – which involves analyzing long-range effectiveness associated with the issues and resulting recommendations; Providing expert technical advice concerning official action that will affect the economy; Providing advice, counsel and recommendations to other economists and operating officials based on findings, interpretations and informal suggestions.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
One (1) position may be filled in the Research, Applied Analytics and Statistics (RAAS), Strategy Business Solutions (Business Performance Analytics) located in either of the following positions: Washington, DC OR St. Paul, MN.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses – will not be reimbursed.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm.
- Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a "not qualified" determination.
This position will be filled through the Direct Hire Authority. Under this authority, competitive rating, ranking, and veterans' preference procedures do not apply. Your application will be considered based on education, training, and quality of your experience. For more information on Direct-Hire Authority visit: OPM Direct Hire Fact Sheet.
Referral: Applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be determined “WELL QUALIFIED" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No