EQUAL EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST *TEMP NTE 1 YEAR*
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights travel per month.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-14 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience that is related to the work of this position and has provided you with the competencies required for successful job performance. Qualifying experience is experience that demonstrated accomplishment of EEO and Diversity project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of EEO policy requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled. This knowledge is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant performed the following duties and functions: planning, developing and evaluating or designing new approaches to EEO programs; utilizing knowledge of the legal framework within which EEO programs operate; applying negotiating techniques to resolve unprecedented, broad, difficult or complex EEO complaints/issues; and applying expert knowledge of Civil Rights laws, Federal EEO and personnel management rules and regulations, Executive Orders, judicial decisions, etc. You will have expert knowledge of program areas such as: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII) and Section 501 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Rehabilitation Act) mandate that all federal personnel decisions be made free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, reprisal or disability.
-The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
-To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
One (1) position may be filled in the Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division, Headquarters, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Department located in Washington, DC.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be reimbursed.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Temporary - Temporary NTE 1 Year; May be Extended; May be Made Permanent.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm.
- Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements.
This announcement may be used to fill additional positions in more than one Business Division throughout the Service.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Conflict Management, Customer Service, Leadership, Oral Communication/Speaking, Planning and Evaluating, Problem Solving, Reading, Reasoning and Writing. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, (i.e., A = Superior, B = Highly Qualified, C= Qualified) depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not]reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must receive a rating of category B or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No