IT Specialist, Systems Analysis - Bureau of Health Workforce
7 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Do not cut and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
To qualify for this position you must have IT related experience and/or training that demonstrates that you possess each of the following four competencies:
- Attention to Detail - am thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail;
- Customer Service - Work with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; know about available products and services; am committed to providing quality products and services;
- Oral Communication - Express information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; make clear and convincing oral presentations; listen to others, attend to nonverbal cues, and respond appropriately;
- Problem Solving - identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to meeting the four IT related competencies, in order to qualify for position at the GS-12,your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-11 level in the federal service. Examples of qualifying experience include the following types of tasks performed on a regular and recurring basis:
- Recommending solutions to system design problems or issues;
- Monitoring the performance of information management systems and reporting on deficiencies;
- Evaluating system needs and capabilities; utilize a variety of techniques such as interviews, document analysis, or site visits to develop solutions and software applications;
- Gathering and analyzing customers' information, data and functional requirements and recommending IT systems options to meet their needs; and
- Providing advice and guidance to stakeholders related to IT system interfaces;
In addition to meeting the four IT related competencies, in order to qualify for this position at the GS-13,your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-12 level in the federal service. Examples of qualifying experience include the following types of tasks performed on a regular and recurring basis:
- Planning, coordinating, managing, and monitoring the development and implementation of new enterprise-wide software;
- Analyzing information needs and functional requirements, and planning and implementing business process improvements, screens and interface designs based on that analysis;
- Serving as a project lead and establishing goals, milestones and expectations for projects to ensure operational efficiency;
- Consulting with users to refine functional requirements that meet the customer's needs; and
- Analyzing business strategies and operational processes in order to implement cost-effective alternative solutions.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; community; student; social). If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.
Current status candidates must meet Time-in-Grade (TIG) by the closing date of this announcement. To allow us to verify that you meet TIG requirements, provide any of the following SF-50s:
- Competitive or Career-ladder promotion to your highest grade (this does not include 120 day temporary promotions)
- With-In-Grade (WGI) increase at your highest grade (this does not include quality step increases (QSIs)
- Competitive career/career-conditional appointment to your highest grade.
- SF-50 at your highest grade held, that is at least one year older than the announcement closing date of 04/26/2019.
Not sure which SF-50 to submit? Check out our video... Go here to watch the video on the SF50s to submit in your application package.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other differences.
Click here for information on "Federal hiring for individuals with disabilities".
- Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: HRSA participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their social security numbers.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Creditable Service: A newly appointed or reappointed employee may receive service credit for annual leave for prior work experience directly related to the duties of the position being filled. The use of this service credit is at the discretion of the selecting official and must be finalized prior to selectee's entrance on duty. For more information, please click here.
Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): Click here
HRSA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. Telework eligibility may be discussed during the interview process. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
SYSTEMS ANALYSIS - Analysis of processes leading to the planning, design, and implantation of new and improved information systems to meet the requirements of the organization.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT - Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of information technology (IT) for designing, developing, and testing software in a given environment.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance.
DATA GATHERING AND ANALYSIS - Seeks or collects and synthesizes information from a variety of stakeholders and sources in an objective, unbiased manner to reach a conclusion, goal, or judgment, and to enable strategic and leadership decision making.
TO PREVIEW THE OCCUPATIONAL ASSESSMENT QUESTIONNAIRE, please click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10467312