Admissions Outreach Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
The Academies of Loudoun Admissions Specialist is responsible for working directly with the Principal and Admissions Coordinator to fully implement the admissions process for the Academies of Loudoun.
* Develop strategies and practices to recruit underrepresented populations
* Assist in interpreting the Academies of Loudoun programs, policies, and procedures to prospective students, parents, staff, and community under supervision of the Principal or his/her designee and assist with special school programs or projects involving students.
* Assist the Admissions Coordinator with creating programs for underrepresented populations that generate interest in STEM
* Assist the Admissions Coordinator with the admissions process from point of inquiry through enrollment. Communicate the processes to all LCPS secondary schools.
* Assist the Admissions Coordinator with the planning of all recruitment efforts: advertising, open houses,
admissions information sessions, etc.
* Coordinate and participate in special events involving prospective students.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Academies of Loudoun Admission Specialist - Outreach reports directly to the Academies of Loudoun Admissions Coordinator.
* Holds a valid Virginia teaching license with successful full-time teaching experience in a K-12 school
* Holds a Master's Degree from an accredited college or university (preferred)
* Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of admissions policies and recruiting efforts
* Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrates interpersonal and leadership skills for working effectively with faculty, staff, administrators, and students
* Performs related work as required