Admissions Outreach Specialist
The Academies of Loudoun Admissions Specialist is responsible for working directly with the Principal and Admissions Coordinator to fully implement the admissions process for the Academies of Loudoun.
* Develop strategies and practices to recruit underrepresented populations
* Assist in interpreting the Academies of Loudoun programs, policies, and procedures to prospective students, parents, staff, and community under supervision of the Principal or his/her designee and assist with special school programs or projects involving students.
* Assist the Admissions Coordinator with creating programs for underrepresented populations that generate interest in STEM
* Assist the Admissions Coordinator with the admissions process from point of inquiry through enrollment. Communicate the processes to all LCPS secondary schools.
* Assist the Admissions Coordinator with the planning of all recruitment efforts: advertising, open houses,
admissions information sessions, etc.
* Coordinate and participate in special events involving prospective students.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Academies of Loudoun Admission Specialist - Outreach reports directly to the Academies of Loudoun Admissions Coordinator.
* Holds a valid Virginia teaching license with successful full-time teaching experience in a K-12 school
* Holds a Master's Degree from an accredited college or university (preferred)
* Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of admissions policies and recruiting efforts
* Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrates interpersonal and leadership skills for working effectively with faculty, staff, administrators, and students
* Performs related work as required