Project Manager (NON TECH)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management or related field
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience analyzing business problems and coordinating business improvement projects in a large-scale organization
- Demonstrated experience in developing, managing, and implementing complex, high-profile projects and programs
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Project Manager (Non-Technical) conducts research and gathers data from various sources in response to inquiries from internal and external entities and keeps department leadership apprised on matters that may have an impact on the delivery of the department’s mission. The incumbent provides strategic support, guidance, and management for a broad range of projects to include program and policy assignments pertinent to the mission of the department. The Project Manager (Non-Technical) is responsible for ensuring the existence and operation of management systems for the purpose of organizing data/information that facilitate the planning, development, direction, management, analysis and implementation of assigned project/programs within the specific department. In addition, this incumbent develops, monitors, and coordinates viable strategic activities and programs to enhance organizational management/development opportunities. The incumbent encounters and addresses sensitive and confidential matters on a routine basis.
- Performs a wide range of project, programs and policy development duties, including conducting detailed issue and data analyses, framing recommendations and options for executive consideration, developing detailed project and program plans, leading project and program implementation efforts and assessing impacts and results.
- Oversees all aspects of a project over the entire project life-cycle. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of project in order to affirm a precise delivery timeframe.
- Develops in-depth familiarity with functional/business scope and project objectives.
- Develops, coordinates and monitors the implementation and effectiveness of viable strategic plans pertaining to assigned projects or programs.
- Reviews and responds or coordinates responses to high-profile, complex, and politically sensitive executive correspondence, including inquiries from federal, state, regional, and local government officials, Board of Directors, and the general public.
- Assists in the development, implementation and oversight of departmental policies, procedures and policy instructions, regulations, goals, long-range strategies, and outreach initiatives.
- Serves as liaison between offices within or outside of the department to ensure expeditious resolution to issues and provide necessary resources to appropriate customers.
- Develops, implements, and executes strategies, processes, and best practices which effectively address Authority-wide business goals.
- Responsible and accountable for developing and submitting a realistic and reasonable project budget and for issuing appropriate progress reports as required to record the project's advancements or delays. The report shall include a register of completed tasks, all payments issued and any problems causing delays, redirection of focus or that impacts project delivery timeline or strategy. A progress report will be provided to OMBS as well as the program's front office (ELT member) as required.
- Responsible for cost allocation to appropriate projects and for the timely and accurate review and approval of applicable invoices.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.