Cougaar Software, Inc. is a recognized leader in intelligent agent technology whose mission is to make the world a better place through advanced Artificial Intelligence. We enable our customers to solve complex, dynamic problems by providing them intelligent decision support systems. Our employees work in a self-directed environment where strong team work, individual initiative and accountability are highly valued and innovative thinking is encouraged. We are looking for individuals who are intelligent, likeminded, dynamic and enthusiastic with exceptional skills who want to be a part of conceptualizing, designing, developing and fielding exciting next-generation AI-based software solutions utilizing agent-oriented design under an agile development approach. Are you ready to be a key contributor to achieving general AI at the intersection of Humans and Multi Agent Systems?
Work Authorization: United States Citizen
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems. A combination of education and work experience may substitute for the degree.
Qualifications: 5+ years of experience managing MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB and/or Neo4J databases. Working knowledge of database architecture, which includes column orientation, compression, projections, segmentations, partitions, high availability, recovery and security. Must be proficient with shell scripting and/or programming languages such as Ruby or Python for automation of tasks. Proven track record of collaborating effectively with internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to design and develop database platforms that are highly available, optimally configured and efficiently managed. Proven ability to work closely with software development and executive / customer teams to create efficient data-driven software solutions.
- DevOps Orchestration/Configuration Management technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Github
- Experience with agile software development tools such as JIRA
- Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Backups, restores, and recovery models
- Writing software in Java or C++
- Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Exemplary time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Apply for Database Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly