Software Engineer Sr. (Java)
Senior Java Developer
Cougaar Software, Inc. is a recognized leader in intelligent agent technology. The solutions we provide our customers represent some of the most advanced cognitive agent capabilities in existence and have been proven in several domains. We are excited about the world changing potential of cognitive computing and our mission is to enable our customers to solve complex, dynamic problems by providing them intelligent decision support systems. We provide our customers visionary leadership, distributed intelligent agent platform technologies and high quality design and engineering services. We continue to push the boundaries of technology using a foundation of intelligent cognitive agents and invoking a variety of artificial intelligence and operations research techniques to produce highly automated, tailored, secure and scalable solutions. Our employees work in a self-directed environment where strong team work, individual initiatives and accountability are highly valued and innovative thinking is encouraged. We are looking for intelligent, like-minded, dynamic and enthusiastic individuals with exceptional skills who want to develop, create, and modify exciting next-generation software solutions utilizing agent-oriented design under an agile development approach.
Work Authorization: US Citizen
Education: Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related academic field.
Qualifications: At least 8 or more years of professional software development experience, which includes 4 years designing and developing complex business solutions and 2 years designing and developing agent or distributed computer solutions. Must know Java 8 or higher and have experience working on software R&D projects with technical program management.
- Proficiency in Java 8 or higher, Angular 2+, RESTful architecture and UI frameworks (e.g. Angular Material, Semantic UI or JavaFX)
- Demonstrable experience in Java with data serialization (XML and/or JSON), data-modeling and concurrency
- Proven experience designing and implementing object-oriented and distributed service solutions
- Familiarity with key artificial intelligence and machine learning concepts, models and evaluation methodologies
- Demonstrable ability to lead teams through all levels of the software development life cycle
- Experience in designing and developing large-scale systems built around machine learned models and big data
- Familiarity with data structures, database fundamentals and relational databases such as SQL and Postgres; and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Neo4j
- Experience managing tasks and project teams
- Strong supervisory and mentoring skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills