Sous Chef/Banquet Chef
Manor Country Club in Rockville, Maryland a suburb of Washington DC, is seeking a Sous Chef/Banquet Chef to join our culinary team in continuing to honor well established culinary traditions. A successful candidate will employ culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our member’s satisfaction.
We are a full exposure opportunity, creating everything from sandwiches to sous vide.
The Sous Chef/Banquet Chef must be well versed in upscale dining and delivery of superior food. The candidate will have 3 years of progressive experience in a high volume fine dining establishment. A degree in culinary arts is preferred. Must have the ability to multi task, excellent supervisory, communication skills, and computer skills.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete a back ground screening.
Salary and benefits:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary range is $55k-$60k The club offers an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/life and disability insurance, 401 (k) with employer match, paid vacation and sick leave.
Interested candidates should e-mail a resume in word of PDF format to the attention of Peter Gems, executive chef at email@example.com
Position available immediately
MANOR COUNTRY CLUB
BANQUET CHEF / SOUS CHEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Immediate Supervisor: Executive chef / Executive Sous chef
Job Summary: Responsible for all aspects of catered events. Assist executive chef and executive sous chef in all daily kitchen activities, while supervising kitchen staff.
- Assume chef’s and executive sous chef’s responsibilities in their absence, following their protocols.
- Communicate and work closely with front of the house and catering sales staff.
- Prepare food consistently and of high quality following recipe given.
- Label & Date all food containers, discard old or spoiled products.
- Assist in daily receiving and storage of food items, while checking for quality and temperature upon delivery.
- Practice safety standards at all times, including sanitation.
- Assist in training other cooks and back of the house staff in maintaining our standards and recipes.
- Assist in daily menu planning and purchasing.
- Direct & Assist in preparing daily banquets or other food prep needs or other work concerns.
- Prepare foods as needed for daily & weekly use in restaurants i.e. Snack bars or banquets. Plans and executes daily features for restaurants.
- Prepare appropriate amounts of food in advance as needed for shift and/or following shifts
- Reheat and cool food items properly as indicated by HAACCP.
- Maintain perishables at proper temperatures, while documenting in HAACCP log book daily
- Notify chef/ sous chef of any issues with food, recipes or food temperature issues
- Properly portion & store food items
- Control food waste, loss and usage
- Assist chef in ordering needs based on food production and usage of products
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and proper setup for banquets. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages.
- Assist in prep work in all outlets as required for future needs.
- Prepare employee meal as needed
- Clean work station, including refrigerators, walls & tables at end of shift as well as wrap all food products at end of shift.
- Return all extra food items not used during shift to designated storage area as required, cooling properly. Labels & date these items
- Carry out any reasonable requests by supervisor.
- Sous chef’s position requires a Montgomery serve safe / allergen certificate.
- Participates in monthly food inventories.
- Notifies and follows up with manor’s engineering department in regards to kitchen equipment in need of repair.
Apply for Sous Chef/Banquet Chef
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly