Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - May be required to travel for business.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 salary range starts at $99, 172 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below:
IT SPECIALIST COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant ensures that activities, services, or products reflect organizational goals and objectives.
- Customer Service - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant confers with users to evaluate the effectiveness of, or identify the need for, computer programs or management systems.
- Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant participates or represents the organization or clients at briefings, meetings, or conferences.
- Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant evaluates the efficiency or effectiveness of organizational programs, projects, or operations.
To qualify for this position, you must have one year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is defined as experience identifying vulnerabilities, risks and protection needs to resolve issues and problems in IT program areas; applying information system security protocols to formulate, coordinate and monitor IT security policies, standards and guidelines; and, providing technical advice to management officials on security requirements.
Bargaining Unit status: Not applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
· Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
· Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of information technology systems security concepts and principles and awareness of emerging technologies and their applications to information assurance processes.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive contacts with agency clients to present sensitive recommendations concerning information assurance products and services, understand client needs and capabilities, and explain complex technical requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of management officials and clients.
- Ability to direct the implementation of information assurance systems, software, and related projects and apply innovative methods to implementation problems not readily treated by conventional methods.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified [If the use of 4 categories is justified, adjust verbiage].
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No