Adminstrative Support Assistant (Office Automation)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Qualifications for the GS-05 Grade Level:
Experience required: To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of specialized experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Assist with travel documents for the organization, oversee timekeeping; order and inventory supplies; advise customers on the phone and in person or know when to refer them to other personnel, review outgoing correspondence for proper grammar, punctuation etc.. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-04).
Education: Four years of education above the high school level obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of education beyond two years (total semester hours minus 60) by 60. Add the two percentages.
Qualifications for the GS-06 Grade Level:
Experience required: To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of specialized experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Coordinate travel documents for the organization; Manage timekeeping; Oversee training documents including payments, certificates of completion and evaluations; Maintain an office suspense system; Assist with regulation adherence; Review incoming and out going correspondence. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-05).
Qualifications for the GS-07 Grade Level:
Experience required: To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of specialized experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Ensure application of administrative regulations and guidance; perform operational procedures for an organization, including special projects and research; Input data into databases to include tabulating, searching, sorting, calculating and consolidating information into reports/graphic format. Manage office procedures such as travel, time keeping and communications/correspondence. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-06).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Management Tools
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone-- no substitution of education for experience is permitted for the GS-06 and GS-07 positions.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Completion of education requirements is from the closing date of the announcement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) - 51 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Applicants may be selected at the GS-05, GS-06 or GS-07 level. If chosen at the GS-05 or GS-06 level, the selectee will have non-competitive promotion eligibility to the full performance level (GS-07).
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.