Senior Business Operations Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Demonstrated experience with commonly used procurement regulations, technical specifications and contracting principles, including the latest procedures and techniques, to assist in the planning, development and implementation of technical aspects of initiatives and programs; Demonstrated experience using commonly used contracting terms and conditions, complex technical specifications and source selection techniques employed in evaluation technical proposals; experience gathering, assembling and analyzing information to draw logical conclusions regarding technical information; Oral and written communications experience to prepare reports and briefings on the status of projects.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or VolunteerService. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable.
You must have been at the GS-13 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
1 position is located in the Procurement Department, OPSS Division, located at 5000 Ellin Road Lanham-Seabrook, MD 20706-1348 (MD0278)
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated based on the IRS Merit Promotion Plan in the following areas: Writing, Problem Solving, Contracting/Procurement, Interpersonal Skills, Planning and Evaluating, Reasoning, Self-Management. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. IRS employees may obtain most recent awards listing at https://persinfo.web.irs.gov/indexawd.htm.
Your rating may be lowered, if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: You will be assigned to one of three quality groups. Each group represents a quality level (i.e., Superior/Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, Qualified). Candidates will be considered in quality group order.
You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must receive a score of Highly Qualified or better to be rated as well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Confidential Drug test required No