Deputy Bureau Chief
7 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Note: Those applicants currently serving under a career Senior Executive Service appointment, who are eligible for reinstatement into the Senior Executive Service, or who have successfully completed a Senior Executive Service Candidate development Program approved by OPM, need not submit a narrative statement covering each of the Executive Core Qualifications However those applicants must address the following Mandatory Technical Competencies.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: All candidates must submit a narrative statement addressing each of the following Technical Competencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of current technological trends, e.g. software defined radio (SDRs) and dynamic spectrum management, and the capabilities and limitations of those technologies.
- Stature in field of spectrum management as indicated by leadership and representation in national and international scientific, technical or communications communities.
- Experience planning and directing projects that present complex challenges for enabling the introduction of new radio services and technologies while protecting incumbent services against harmful interference.
- Experience that demonstrates an ability to manage effectively and motivate subordinate employees.
- Substantial knowledge and experience with the principles and practices as well as the administrative laws, regulations and policies applicable to the administration of a Federal agency in order to analyze and recommend improvements in management and operational policies and procedures.
The following competencies are the foundation for success in each of the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) listed below: Interpersonal Skills; Oral Communication; Integrity/Honesty; Written Communication; Continual Learning; and Public Service Motivation. These Fundamental Competencies are cross-cutting and should be addressed over the course of your ECQ narratives. For more information, refer to the OPM Guide to Senior Executive Service (SES) Executive Core Qualifications available on-line at: OPM SES ECQ Guide. Leadership competencies associated with ECQ should be addressed in the narrative associated with the ECQ.
ECQ 1 - Leading Change: Ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
Leadership Competencies: Creativity and Innovation; External Awareness; Flexibility; Resilience; Strategic Thinking; Vision
ECQ 2 - Leading People: Ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
Leadership Competencies: Conflict Management; Leveraging Diversity; Developing Others; Team Building
ECQ 3 - Results Driven: Ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
Leadership Competencies: Accountability; Customer Service; Decisiveness; Problem Solving; Technical Credibility
ECQ 4 - Business Acumen: Ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
Leadership Competencies: Financial Management; Human Capital Management; Technology Management;
ECQ 5 - Building Coalitions/Communication: Ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Leadership Competencies: Partnering; Political Savvy; Influencing/Negotiating
You must meet the minimum basic educational requirements for Attorney positions. Education requirements include: a professional law degree JD, LL.B., and/or LL.M.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. A panel may be convened to determine "best qualified" candidates. The rating and ranking will be based upon consideration of the degree to which you meet the Executive Core Qualifications, and Mandatory Technical Competencies. Interviews and qualifications inquiries may be required.
To preview questions please click here.