Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Combination of Education and Experience: At least 4 years of experience in accounting/auditing, or a combination of accounting/auditing experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting/auditing knowledge. Such experience and/or education must also include one of the following:
1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
2. A certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor obtained through written examination;
3. Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing (i.e. 15 semester hours) but that does not satisfy the 24 semester hours requirement provided that (a) you have successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or related fields, AND (b) a panel of at least 2 higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that you have demonstrated good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4 year course of undergraduate study in accounting or related field, AND(c) except for literal non-conformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, your education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
In addition to the basic eligibility requirement: GS-15 - Candidates must have had one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to perform successfully the duties of the position as described above, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled.
Specialized experience for this grade level: using, managing, revising and implementing financial accounting systems; analyzing and interpreting financial data; developing, implementing, and monitoring financial management policies and procedures; establishing and auditing internal controls; and managing people and/or projects.
Please refer to the Office of Personnel Management's, Operating Manual: Qualifications Standards for General Schedule Positions for further information. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0500/accounting-series-0510/
Merit promotion applicants must meet time in grade requirements as defined in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F. One year at the GS-14 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirement for the GS-15 level.
Qualifications within 30 days: You must meet all of the qualifications and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: National Archives uses E-verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit, http://www.e-verify.gov.
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment under Merit Promotion procedures, you must be a preference eligible or a Veteran separated after 3 years or more of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information, visit: http://www.opm.gov/rof/employee_guides/career_transition.asp.
Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities: For more information on noncompetitive appointment authority eligibility requirements:
- Persons with Disabilities-Schedule A
- Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
- Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
- Other Special Appointment Authorities
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Execution and Results (Drives Performance and Results):
- Interpersonal Skills (Builds Networks and Alliances):
- Leads Teams:
- Problem Solving (Thinks Strategically):
- Professional Credibility - Auditing:
- Professional Credibility - Principles of Accounting:
- Professional Credibility - Reporting:
Based on the information you provided in your application package, we will assign you to one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No