Corporate Expert, Chief Accountant, CX-0510
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation benefits provided.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Employment Conditions.
- Registration with the Selective Service.
- Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
- High Risk Position – Background Investigation (BI) required.
- Employee may be relocated to any duty location to meet management needs.
- Positive education qualifications requirement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
Basic Qualification Requirements:
A. Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
B. Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
2. A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
3. Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR TRANSCRIPT(S) (unofficial copies are acceptable).
Additional Requirement: In addition to meeting the Basic Qualification Requirements, applicants must have additional specialized experience as defined below:
For at least one year, I have performed at the GS/CG-15 level or above (agency expert), providing analysis of, professional insight into, and policy guidance on complex financial accounting, auditing, regulatory reporting, and taxation issues applicable to financial institutions.
A certified public accountant (CPA) is highly desired.
Applicants must have met the qualification requirements (including selective placement factors - if any) for this position by the closing date OR within 30 calendar days of the closing date to be eligible for this position.
Applicants must meet the positive education qualifications requirements of the OPM Qualifications Standards Manual listed above. Additional information available here.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
Salary reflects a pay cap for this position of $273,400.
Current or Former Political Appointees: The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the HR Office. Failure to disclose this information could result in disciplinary action including removal from Federal Service.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans’ preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Top ranked candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
- Knowledge of banking and finance.
- Knowledge of insured financial institution supervisory methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, generally accepted auditing standards and procedures, insured institution accounting practices, regulatory reporting requirements, securities disclosure issues, and income tax requirements relating to insured institutions.
- Knowledge of the purpose, background, and content of basic laws, regulations, administrative decisions, policies, procedures, and practices applicable to the fields of accounting, auditing, and regulatory reporting.
- Ability to resolve complex problems, often involving competing operating and policy goals and objectives.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Sensitive Compartmented Information Drug test required Yes