Boiler Plant Operator
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision.
- Knowledge of Equipment assembly, Installation and Repair, etc.
- Ability to operate boilers, Refrigeration units, Air Compressors, Pumps, Fans, etc.
- Knowledge of Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic).
- Ability to use measuring instruments.
- Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc (includes blueprint reading).
- Ability to perform work with dexterity and safety.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10454283
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- This position is designated as an "emergency essential" position and the selected candidate will be considered an "emergency essential" employee and will be required to be available, ready, willing, and able to report for duty under all circumstances (e.g., inclement weather, government closings and holidays, lapses in appropriations, non-emergency and emergency situations) for operation 24 hours a day and 365 days per year coverage.
- You must be able to lift and move heavy items weighing 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You must be able to stand for prolonged periods on concrete floors and walk over rough and uneven terrain with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The selectee must be able to bend, stoop, walk, stand, and climb, and work in cramped positions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You may work in hazardous environments or handle hazardous substances.
- The selectee must be able to work outdoors under all weather conditions.
- This position requires weekend hours, night shifts, regular or rotational shifts, holiday hours.
- This position has on-call or call-back requirements.
- If selected, you must pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- The selectee must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle license.
- If selected, you will be covered by a bargaining unit (union).
- Must have Refrigeration Transition and Recovery Certification - within 90 days of hire.
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- We may make additional selections for similar positions across the entire Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) within the local commuting area(s) identified in this vacancy announcement. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with any interested selecting official(s) at HHS.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- Qualified - for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
To determine your qualifications and referral status, a review of your resume and supporting documentation may be made and compared against your responses to the vacancy questionnaire. Because your rating is based on both your responses to the questionnaire and documentation you submit, please make sure that your self-ratings are supported by the information you provide in your application. Your qualifications and self-ratings may be verified at any time during the application and selection process through quality review, interview questions, work samples, demonstrations, reference checks, and any other means. Inflated or unsupported qualifications may affect your rating. Any misrepresentation or material omission of facts on the assessment questionnaire or in any other materials you submit in support of your candidacy (including but not limited to the application), or in any oral statements you may make during the selection process shall be sufficient cause to end further consideration of your candidacy. Persons listed as having knowledge of your past accomplishments or experience in your application may be contacted for verification purposes at any time. Verification may, but need not, begin prior to receiving an offer.
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and all other requirements. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No