Resource Program Analyst
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-09, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of a wide range of civilian personnel management policies, processes and techniques sufficient to advise management and employees regarding rules, procedures, obligatins and entitlements.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of manpower/personnel program managment strategies and concepts related to military structures and missions.
2. Skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration and resolution of issues or problems concerning efficiency and effectiveness of program operations.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing, in working out solutions to problems or questions relating to work; ability to work in a multi-functional environment involving interation with the highest executive and management levels of the Air Force.
4. Skill in managing and coordinating complex activities, gather facts and use effective, analytical and evaluative methods to accurately assess information and make sound problem solving decisisons; ability to plan, organize and assign time-critical projects and assess results.
5. Knowledge of human resources and force management principles, concepts, laws, rules, and regulations governing military, federal civilian, and/or non-appropriated fund personnel management; knowledge of manpower and organizational principles, practices, and requirements; substantive nature of federal programs, activities, mission, policies, and objectives; management principles and processes and analytical and evaluative methods and techniqures.
6. Knowledge of financial, budget, resource management practices and principles; knowledge of safety, security, personnel management and EEO regulations, practices, and procedures; skill in gathering assembling and analyzing data/facts, developing conclusions, identifying trends, developing alternataives/solutions, and making recommendations to resolve problems.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify.
For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree LL.M., if related to the position being filled (TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE ATTACHED).Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
APPRAISALS/AWARDS: Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.