Maintenance Worker Supervisor (Trails)
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position to work at various sites within the park and to attend meetings or training.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- You will be required to submit to a drug test and receive a negative drug test result prior to appointment. In addition, this position is subject to random testing for illegal drug use.
- You must possess and maintain a current Class B (or higher) Commercial Driver's License.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and shift work.
- If you are a new employee or supervisor in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
- Government Charge Card: You may be required to complete training and obtain/maintain a government charge card with travel and/or purchase authority.
- Applicants must be at least (1)18 years old or (2) at least 16 years old and: (a) Have graduated from high school or been awarded a certificate equivalent to graduating from high school; or (b) Have completed a formal vocational training program; or (c) Have received a statement from school authorities agreeing with their preference for employment rather than continuing their education; or (d) Be currently enrolled in a secondary school and either work only during school vacation periods or work part-time during the school year under a formal student employment program.
- Ability to Lead or Supervise (SCREEN OUT)
- Ability to use and maintain hand and power tools, operate equipment and motor vehicles.
- Technical Practices (theoretical, artistic, precise)
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprinting reading)
- Use of Measuring Instruments
- Knowledge of Materials
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no substitution of education for experience for Wage Grade (WG) positions.
This announcement may be used to fill additional positions if identical vacancies occur within 90 days of the issue date of the referral certificate.
Physical Demands: Frequent visits to park locations and field offices are necessary. Incumbent is required to work inside and outside, and is exposed to weather conditions of extreme heat and humidity in summer, and below freezing temperatures in winter. The incumbent is required to work below and above ground level. Frequently lifts and carries loads up to 50 pounds. May be required to stand, stoop. bend, kneel, climb. and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
Working Conditions: Incumbent is exposed to moderate risks and discomforts associated with the operation, repair, and maintenance of park infrastructure and equipment. There may be occasions of exposure to high risk situations. Incumbent may be required to walk long distances over rough or hilly terrain, and work alongside a busy and high speed roadway. Follows prescribed safety practices and uses PPE correctly. A portion of the work will be done in an office environment, with the attendant sedentary and office environmental hazards.
The National Park Service has determined that the duties of this position are not suitable for telework.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document that you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. Click the following link for more information, https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above. A review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses provided in the Assessment Questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation, you will be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score will be adjusted accordingly. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications or experience, you can lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors or omissions can affect your rating.
Candidates who apply under Competitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are highly qualified based on the content of their resume and their responses to the questionnaire. Best qualified candidates will be referred if all required supporting documentation has been provided.
Candidates who apply under Noncompetitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are minimally qualified based on the content of their resume and their responses to the questionnaire. Qualified candidates will be referred if all required supporting documentation has been provided.
Please submit 1) a copy of your most recent performance appraisal/evaluation and 2) a list of any awards (e.g. superior performance awards, special act or achievement awards, quality step increase, etc.) you received in the last 5 years. Any performance appraisal/evaluation and award documentation you provide will be forwarded to the selecting official. The selecting official will review this documentation and give it due weight consideration during the overall selection process.
If you do not have your most recent performance appraisal/evaluation, please submit a statement as to why it is not available. Please indicate if any prior performance appraisals/evaluations were at an acceptable level.