Assistant Budget Officer
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, developing and coordinating the formulation, monitoring and presentation of budgets for controlling funds to implement performance objectives of the organization and analyze past and present financial operations to project future revenues and expenditures. Will oversee the management, consolidation, and presentation of the fiscal year Agency Budget, oversee and compile Agency summary budget comparisons and analysis, maintain position control and all personnel complement related functions, coordinate production of the budget document, coordinate the FY County CIP budget, provide supervision of three Financial Analysts, and assist/cover the Budget Officer in all aspects of the Agency budget preparation and monitoring as well as special projects.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Administration/Management or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years budgeting, managerial accounting or financial analysis experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Must possess excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, & PowerPoint (must be able to manipulate data).
- Excellent analytical skills and interpersonal skills & the ability to deal with people tactfully & effectively.
- Experience with automated accounting systems necessary.