This position is responsible for monitoring and supervising HOC and non owned/managed properties in the General Accounting Dept. Will prepare and analyze financial statements and reports and make recommendations resulting from the analyses; handle multiple ledgers and tasks, prepare information for auditors, manage the preparations of the regulatory reports and manage the financial statement audits. Will also supervise and train staff and coordinate and prepare audit schedules.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Requires four years of experience as an Accountant with at least one year of supervisory experience.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures related to accounting.
- Knowledge of, or ability to acquire knowledge of, governmental laws, rules and regulations governing accounting activities at HOC.
- Ability to develop and implement improvements in accounting methods, procedures forms and records.
- Knowledge of computerized spreadsheets, databases and computerized accounting systems.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allow for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, direct and coordinate the activities of the accounting department.
- CPA and Partnership Tax experience preferred.
- Yardi experience a plus.