Program Assistant I
This position provides administrative support for the Compliance Department, with a support focus for the Compliance Analyst and Housing Programs Coordinator. The tasks of the Program Assistant I include, but are not limited to, the following: Compiling and maintaining data; coordinating meetings and trainings; updating and maintaining Davis-Bacon Certified Payroll tracking information; tracking Section 3 and HOC Works compliance obligations; maintaining and submitting Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents; creating and editing property-specific Tenant Selection Plans; gathering information for State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT) exemption application creation; providing electronic wait list password resets; serving as the coordinator for the Agency's off-site document management system; logging and assigning reasonable accommodation requests; and maintaining the Compliance Analyst Project Task list. Additionally, this position responds to basic phone calls about reasonable accommodation reviews, Davis-Bacon reviews, SDAT exemption filings, and client compliance status. Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. Generates mass mailings, conducts data entry, and performs other general clerical tasks such as photocopying, filling, scanning, and mail distribution. Will regularly use Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access. Will frequently use electronic Agency databases for customer interaction and file storage. Position is also responsible for reviewing documents for various housing program updates and for distributing staff assignments.
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of administrative/ clerical experience in an office setting.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures is required.
- Must possess basic computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in database management using Excel, Access, and other data management programs is preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, with the ability to multitask, is essential.