The Server Administrator is primarily responsible for deployment and maintenance of Windows operating system based servers, both physical and virtual. Other duties include performance and availability monitoring, installing and configuring software, and patch remediation. Will provision physical and virtual Windows based servers. Will perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all server resources. Will assist with Active Directory configuration and administration. Will provide Tier III/other support on an as-needed basis. Periodic duties include: Apply hotfixes, patches and updates to networking equipment, mitigate security vulnerabilities and install and configure applications (e.g. IIS, SQL, and COTS). Incumbent will also assist with special projects, on an as-needed basis.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree with two years of experience OR
- Minimum of 4 years' experience with Active Directory / Windows Operating systems administration
- Practical experience with LAN/WAN network theory
- MCSA or MCSE certification preferred
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere administration preferred
- Knowledge of NetApp SAN administration preferred
- Cisco networking equipment administration experience preferred