Project Engineer / Assistant Construction Manager
Renaissance Centro (RC) is a Washington DC Metro developer and owner of luxury residential and hotel assets. RC is looking for a highly motivated individual with 3 - 5 years of general contractor (GC) construction experience to coordinate and monitor GC information flow, deliverables, and site activities.
- Coordinate GC RFI and submittal flow (both incoming and outgoing), scopes, questions and deliverables to ensure compliance, completeness and timeliness. Analyze reports and use personal influence to create priorities that prevent delays to critical activities.
- Monitor GC site activities to confirm manpower, deliveries and performance are on track to meet schedule, as well ensure safety and jurisdictional requirements are in compliance. Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions.
- Manage Owner project construction records, such as minutes, directories, logs, correspondence, contracts, plans and specs.
- Organize close out procedures and documents.
- Review change orders for validity and accuracy.
- Review requisitions for accuracy and confirm billing requests are commensurate with work performed in the field.
- Reports directly to VP of Construction, and will aid in written and plan scope reviews, take off and estimate evaluations, contract and schedule analysis, and constructability and value engineering cost saving studies.
- Minimum 3 years of GC construction experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or construction/project management.
- Proven track record of Bluebeam, Plangrid, Constructware, or similar project management software usage.
- Knowledge of construction means, methods, materials, and regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret plans.
- Self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize multiple simultaneous responsibilities in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal, written communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving, negotiating and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently and within team settings.
Please do not call us directly.